SEPTEMBER 30, 2010
OCTOBER 5, 2017
The name of this Club shall be the RUIDOSO DUPLICATE BRIDGE CLUB. (RDBC)
This club is a Subsidiary of the American Contract Bridge League (ACBL), which has authority and control over Tournament Bridge and exists under sanction of the League.
To preserve and promote the best interests of Duplicate Bridge.
To cooperate with Clubs, the Unit, the District and the League in the promotion and conduct of Duplicate Games and Tournaments.
To conduct such other activities as may be in keeping with its principal objective.
A member shall be any person in good standing with ACBL and who is Identified by ACBL as a dues paying member in the Ruidoso area.
In addition, due to the uniqueness of this resort city, the RDBC welcomes all guests.
DUES AND FEES
Annual Dues as designated by the ACBL.
Playing fees and charitable donations as set by the Officers of the Club.
GAMES AND EVENTS
Regular games, specialty games, parties and Socials shall be held in the best in interest of Club Members and Guests.
Club funds shall be used in for the teaching of Bridge, support for Novice games and for all aspects of promoting the Art of the Game consistent with the best interest of the Club.
No business shall be conducted at such weekly bridge sessions unless prior notice is provided of a simultaneous game and special meeting.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
The Annual Meeting of the Members shall be held on the last Thursday in September.
Notice of the time and place of the meeting shall be announced one-week prior to the times of said meeting.
Twenty Percent (20%) of the membership of the Ruidoso Duplicate Bridge Club (RDBC) shall constitute a quorum at any Annual Meeting. Each member is entitled to one vote and no member may vote by Proxy.
At the Annual Meeting, members of the Club shall elect no fewer than four (4) or more than seven (7) Board Members.
Board Members will be selected by a Simple Majority vote of the Membership present and in Good Standing with the ACBL.
Following the Annual Membership Meeting, the New Board Members shall decide on a time and place for their first meeting, at which time they shall select the following Officers: President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
CLUB OFFICER DUTIES
The Officers shall hold their office for a term of one year and may be re-elected for additional one-year terms.
SECTION 2 – PRESIDENT
- Shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Club, shall be fully empowered to handle all transactions and shall sign all written contracts. Any expenditure over $200 will require the approval of the Board.
- Shall preside at all meetings and votes only to break a tie.
- Shall see that there is strict compliance to the By-Laws of the ACBL.
- Shall appoint new Officers for unexpired terms upon approval of the remaining board members.
- Shall appoint Committees as may be needed.
SECTION 3 – VICE-PRESIDENT
- The Vice-President shall assume the duties of the President in His/Her absence.
SECTION 4 – SECRETARY
- Shall keep the Minutes of the Regular and Annual Meetings.
- Shall keep all business matter records and make an Annual Report to the Members.
SECTION 5 – TREASURER
- Shall Deposit Club funds in a bank and such funds shall be withdrawn only by check issued by the Treasurer or alternate signature.
- Shall be responsible for all receipts and disbursements of funds and keep an accurate record of all financial transactions.
- Shall make an Annual Financial Report to the Membership.
- In addition, as any member(s) may request to see the bookkeeping records of the Club, allowing reasonable time and accommodations for the Treasurer to provide the information.
THE CLUB DIRECTORS
The Club Game Directors shall be responsible for the Arrangement and Play or all games.
THE CLUB MANAGER
Shall be appointed by the Board.
Shall be responsible for all business of Club Games including: Sanctions, Club Games including Sanctions, Club Game Reports, Ordering of Game and Club Supplies and retaining all records of game results and any other duties of the Club Manager as prescribed by the ACBL or the Club President or Board.
BOARD AND SPECIAL MEETINGS
Club Officers shall hold Business Meetings as needed.
Special Meetings may be called by the President, Vice-President or any Board Member for just cause.
Any Club Member may attend any Board Meeting, but only the elected Board Members have a vote in business matters.
Should the President or Vice-President call a Special Meeting of the Membership for amending the By-Laws or any matter of Business necessitating a membership vote, a quorum of ten (10) members must be present for a vote to be deemed valid.
The Officers of the Club may accept, on behalf of the Club, any contributions, gift, bequest or device for the General or Special purpose of the RDBC.
ROBERTS RULES OF ORDER shall prevail at all meetings unless it conflicts with any Law or Regulation of the ACBL.
CLUB BY-LAWS AND REVISIONS
The Club By-Laws, revisions and amendments must be approved by a majority vote of Club Members present and voting at any Regular or Called Meeting of the Membership.
Note: Per Article X Section 4, a minimum of ten (10) members must be present and voting for any changes to RDBC By-Laws to be valid.